10 Reasons to Be Thankful You’re in B2B Sales
Happy Day-After Thanksgiving, aka “Black Friday,” aka “National Food Coma Recovery Day!” We hope all of you B2B sales pros out there had a relaxing, enjoyable, and mildly glutinous day with family and friends. You’ve now officially made it eleven-twelfths of the way through a very…let’s call it “dynamic” year, and you’re in the home stretch.
Before you launch back into closing out the year, we invite you to take a moment to reflect on your venerable career choice.
For inspiration, we compiled a starter list of 10 reasons to be thankful you’re in B2B sales:
- Thanks to remote selling, you didn’t have to fly anywhere this week to close a deal and risk getting stranded at an overcrowded airport for Thanksgiving.
- Unlike Christmas or Hanukkah, Thanksgiving doesn’t put you in the stressful position of trying to close out a quarter and celebrate a major holiday all at the same time.
- You can wear sweatpants all week, eliminating the need to change to a more accommodating pair of pants for Thanksgiving dinner.
- All the office birthday cake you missed through remote and hybrid work means you won’t have to hit the gym so hard in January.
- Less travel means more time to close deals for President’s Club.
- Winning President’s Club is way more fun than “employee of the month.”
- Black Friday can be spent shopping, unlike your B2C peers, who are busy trying to close 25% of the year’s sales in one day.
- Thousands of consumers aren’t trying to break down your door at 5 a.m. to try and save $70 on a big-screen TV or score a $10 pasta maker that will never get used.
- Sales kickoff is right around the corner, and it’s going to be epic.
- You don’t have to pay for the high you get from closing deals – you get paid!
So many reasons to be thankful. We’ll be back next Friday with all the sales news you can use. We didn’t think you’d have room to digest them today.
Congratulations. You’ve reached the end.
We love that you came all the way to our blog to read The Closer, but there’s an easier way to stay informed. If you fill in this high-tech newsletter subscription form, we’ll send the next issue straight to your inbox.